17414 Bothell Everett Hwy • Mill Creek, WA 98012
SUMMER HOURS: Mon-Sat: 9 to 7 • Sun: 10 to 5
POST OFFICE HOURS: Mon-Fri: 9-5 • Sat: 9 to noon
August is the time of year to really enjoy your garden. So much is in bloom and growing.
Spend time with friends and family cooking outdoors, maybe using some of the vegetables
you have grown. Make a pie with fresh grown blueberries. Read a book.
• Weed, water and lay a layer of compost to garden beds.
• Deadhead spent blooms, let new ones grow.
• Divide perennials such as Iris and Poppies.
• Prune dead brances form shrubs and trees.
• Keep after slugs and other garden pests by using remedies that are safe for kids and pets.
• Harvest ready fruit. Share with friends and those in need.
• Once you have harvested all your strawberries, fertize and water.
• Continue to plant lettuce, spinach, radishes and Swiss chard.
• Water, mist and feed your indoor plants.
• Cut and dry hydrangea blooms for indoor arrangements.
•Start thinking about what spring blooming bulbs you want to plant. September will be have before you know it.
• Enjoy your beautiful garden!
Top 10 Remedies for a Healthy & Happy Garden
1) Turn hydrangeas blue – add aluminum sulfate, to turn flowers pink, add lime.
2) To help prevent black spot of roses use neem oil
3) Add organic fertilizer every 10 days to 2 weeks to produce the best vegetables you have ever seen and eaten
4) Keep annuals and hanging baskets blooming all summer long by adding Bud & Bloom organic fertilizer
5) Use G&B Soil Building Conditioner to keep soil well drained by breaking up clay
6) Introduce beneficial bugs to your garden – ladybugs and praying mantis are natural fighters against pests and nuisance bugs
7) Use BT to control caterpillars and crawling critters
8) Sluggo kills slugs while being safe for pets and kids
9) Fertilize you lawn every 6-8 weeks in summer
10) Use water wisely – soaker hoses, water wands and sprinklers help conserve water
We are glad to help you find a solution to any of your gardening problems. Bring in a sample, a photo and/or your questions.
Our expert staff will get you back on track to a healthy and happy garden.
It’s a Party!
Customer Appreciation Day at Li’l Sprout
Join us for fun, special savings, refreshments and prizes
Rhodes & Azaleas – 25% OFF
Selected Annuals – 50% OFF
Seniors – Save 10% Off Every Wednesday
Military – Save 10% OFF Every Tuesday
Join the Garden Text Club.
Special Offers, News, New Product
Just for joining, you’ll receive – $10 OFF when you spend $50 or more (one time offer)
TEXT sprout TO 51660
Open Monday – Friday 9 to 5 • Saturday 9 to noon